Hopefully, you will never need to go through the trauma and stress that is a Tamarac truck accident. However, if you are in this type of Tamarac traffic accident, there are several things you will want to remember to do:
1) Have your vehicle ready. Being ready for a Tamarac car accident or truck accident is important. In your glove compartment, you should have pen and paper, current insurance information, a first aid kit, and possibly a small camera (if your phone does not have a camera). If you are ever in a car accident, you will have the help and information on hand to exchange contact, license plate, and insurance information with the other driver involved.
2) Get safe. The first thing to do after a Tamarac truck accident is to get to a safe location and contact emergency medical help for anyone who needs it. If the accident was not serious, Florida laws require you to get your car out of the way of traffic so that you do not cause a secondary Tamarac car accident.
3) Contact authorities. Contacting police after the accident to file a police report can be an important step in getting documentation about the accident. Contacting your insurance company is also important for starting the claims process.
4) Stay calm and stay alert about what you say. You should never admit fault at the accident scene. It is often premature, especially since no one has yet investigated all the contributing factors in the accident. Do not apologize for the accident, and stick to facts without assigning blame when discussing the accident with police or the other driver.
5) Start documenting the injuries and damages. Take photos of the accident if you can, using the time stamp on your camera phone if possible. Get a copy of any police or medical reports after the accident and keep careful records on injuries as well as any costs related to your Tamarac truck accident.
6) Contact a Tamarac personal injury attorney. Even if you think that the insurance offer made by your insurance company is a safe one, schedule a free consultation with a personal injury attorney to get a sense of how much your case could be worth. Do this before you sign any insurance documents and before you make any final decisions in your case. In some cases, a personal injury attorney can negotiate a better claim offer for you or can help you get fairer compensation, ensuring you won’t pay for as many costs out of pocket. If you are accused of causing the car accident, you will also need a good attorney to defend your rights.
Schedule a free consultation with the Flaxman Law Group today. If you have been in a Tamarac truck accident, a no cost and no obligation appointment with the Flaxman Law Group can help you get the facts about your case as well as a comprehensive estimate of the costs of your injuries and how much your case might be worth.