There are many causes of Miami Beach truck accidents, but the most common ones are:
1) Speeding. When truck drivers speed, they are likely to lose control of their trucks. It is an especial concern with commercial trucks, which take longer to stop than passenger vehicles. A truck driver who is speeding may not leave themselves enough time to stop safely.
2) Overloaded commercial trucks. An over-loaded commercial truck is dangerous since the extra weight places additional pressure on the tires and the brakes, making brake failure and tire blowouts more common.
3) Fatigue or drowsy driving. Fatigued truck drivers may not respond in time to avoid a Miami beach car accident. In some cases, tired drivers may simply fall asleep at the wheel and careen into an oncoming lane or off the road entirely.
4) Violations of safety rules. Commercial truck drivers must obey a range of federal rules which have been designed to keep roads safe. These rules include restrictions on how long drivers can drive without breaks and rules about checking the condition of the truck.
5) Incorrectly maintained trucks. Both truck carriers and truck drivers are responsible for maintenance tasks and for reporting and dealing with any maintenance issues. When a correct maintenance schedule is not adhered to and when trucks are not carefully checked over, it is more likely that major systems such as brakes or the engine will fail, which can lead to a Miami Beach traffic accident. Since commercial trucks are on the road so long, they tend to see more wear and tear than other vehicles, making proper maintenance all the more important.
6) Lack of a rear guard. A rear guard is designed to prevent a common type of Miami Beach car accident known as an underride accident. This type of Miami Beach car accident involves a car sliding underneath the trailer. When this happens, fatalities and serious injuries are sally the result since the smaller car is often crushed or dragged under the larger truck.
7) Incorrectly secured loads. When cargo is not correctly secured, it can cause the cargo to shift or move while a truck is on the road, which can cause the truck driver to lose control.
8) Tire defects and other problems, which can lead to tire blowouts.
9) Drunk driving or driving under the influence. Miami Beach drunk driving accidents are always devastating, but they can be especially likely to lead to serious injuries and fatalities when large trucks are involved.
10) Incorrect stop on the side of the road. When truck drivers pull over to the side of the road, it is important that they do not obstruct traffic and it is important that the truck remains visible, to prevent other vehicles from colliding with the parked truck.
11) Reckless or aggressive driving.
In many cases, a Miami Beach truck accident can be caused by several factors. It is important to work with a Miami Beach personal injury attorney to find the causes behind the accident that has injured you. Finding all possible causes can mean finding multiple liable parties, which can increase the chances of a fair settlement – one that pays for lost income, medical bills, and other costs related to your accident.
Are you looking for a Miami Beach truck accident attorney The legal team at the Flaxman Law Group has decades of experience fighting for the rights of South Florida personal injury survivors. Contact the Flaxman Law Group today to schedule a free consultation to learn more about your options.