If you have been seriously injured in a Miami Beach truck accident or have recently lost someone in a Miami Beach traffic accident, you may be experiencing physical symptoms, financial distress, as well as emotional trauma. Many accident survivors experience great upheaval in their lives, including emotional upheaval. If this is true for you, there are several things you can do:
1) Get professional help. If you are experiencing grief, anger, depression, and other forms of emotional upset which are preventing you from leading a normal life, it is a good idea to get professional help. There are counseling options available as well as support groups and other forms of help. Your regular physician can help direct you to the options available to you.
2) Be aware of troubling symptoms. While everyone who survives a serious Miami Beach car accident or truck accident goes through some form of emotional upheaval, you’ll want to be aware of troubling symptoms which indicate that you need prompt help. For example, if you have thoughts of harming yourself or are depressed after the incident, you will likely want to speak to your regular doctor about these symptoms. Similarly, if you have intense emotional responses to memories of the accident or if you are having trouble resuming your life weeks after the accident, you may need counseling or another form of help in order to get back on track.
3) Take care of yourself physically and mentally. A Miami Beach truck collision and the resulting injuries are traumatic. This is not a time to punish yourself further – it’s a time to take care of yourself mentally and physically. That may mean surrounding yourself with supportive friends and family. It also means eating well, exercising, and visiting the doctor in order to make sure that you are physically as fit as possible.
4) Get answers about the accident. After a serious accident or injury, it is normal to have questions about how the accident occurred. Many survivors find that they are better able to heal and resume their lives if they have answers about what has happened. You can speak with a Miami Beach personal injury attorney in order to get assistance with getting answers about your accident. An attorney can investigate the accident for you and can even pursue a legal claim or compensation for you so that you have money for counseling, medical care, and other expenses related to your accident.
5) Write about your experiences or use another form of self-expression. Keeping a journal or using art or photography can be very helpful in healing after the trauma the serious accident. Talking about your experiences with others can also be helpful.
6) Commemorate your loved one if you have lost someone in the accident. This will allow you to heal and get some closure.
7) Be sensitive about the fact that others may grieve differently. Your friends and family will likely be grieving too. Staying sensitive to how others grieve is important in providing everyone with the support they need.
8 ) Beware of “trigger events.” Birthdays, anniversaries of the accident, and passing the street corner where the accident occurred may all be trigger events that stir up strong emotional reactions. Be aware of what your trigger events may be and prepare yourself in advance so that they do not sneak up on you.
The Flaxman Law Group has decades of experience with South Florida truck accidents and traffic accidents. If you require a personal injury attorney to discuss your accident and possibilities of compensation, contact the Flaxman Law Group for a free, no obligation consultation.