If you have been seriously injured in a North Miami trucking accident, consulting with a North Miami personal injury attorney can be one of the smartest things you do. An attorney can help you understand the total costs of your injuries, can help you pursue justice, can investigate your accident, and can pursue a legal claim so that you are not facing financial distress as well as injuries. There are many attorneys for you to choose from. However, when choosing an attorney, make sure that you ask yourself the following questions:
1) How soon will the attorney start investigating the truck accident? The truck accident attorney will need to be retained in order to start an investigation, but the investigation should start as quickly as possible after that. After a North Miami traffic accident, evidence disappears quickly. This is especially true of a truck accident, where the truck company may not feel obligated to hang on to evidence. After a North Miami truck accident, insurance providers working for the truck company will usually arrive at the scene within minutes. To build the strongest possible case your attorney will need to start the investigation as quickly as possible.
2) How many similar cases has the attorney handled? An attorney who has handled multiple North Miami truck accident cases, personal injury cases, traffic accident cases, and North Miami head injury cases likely has the trial experience and legal experience you need to build a strong case.
3) Does the attorney have access to private investigators and expert witnesses? A personal injury attorney who works with a full-service law firm who can quickly find expert witnesses and private investigators to investigate your accident is a huge benefit. An attorney with multiple resources can thoroughly investigate the accident and help build a strong case on your behalf.
4) Is the attorney an expert on issues related to truck accidents? Look for a North Miami truck collision attorney who understands the issues related to truck accidents. An attorney who understands how speeding, driver distraction, and other issues affect truck accidents, for example, is more likely to find multiple liable parties and pursue justice effectively on your behalf.
5) Is the attorney familiar with the rules and laws that affect truck drivers and truck companies? Commercial truck drivers must meet certain state and federal laws in order to operate. If your attorney understands these laws, he or she is better equipped to notice when a truck company or driver violates these laws.
6) Is the attorney familiar with the insurance system? An attorney who is familiar with the insurance system often can better predict the tactics that insurance companies will use in defending their clients. An attorney who is familiar with the insurance system can also better negotiate with insurance carriers on your behalf, so this is an important advantage.
7) Does the attorney have strong referrals or a track record of compensation secured on behalf of victims? It is a good sign when an attorney has a track record of successful and happy clients.
Are you looking for a North Miami truck accident attorney? Charles Flaxman of the Flaxman Law Group spent 10 years working in the insurance industry before dedicating his life to helping victims of accidents. He has more than 25 years of experience as a personal injury attorney in South Florida.