If you have been in a collision with a commercial truck, the devastation can be immense. This type of truck accident in Tamarac and other communities can cause head injuries, spinal cord injuries, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and other serious injuries. After your accident, you’ll of course want answers. The problem is that in many cases victims of truck and car accidents in Tamarac and other Florida cities have a difficult time finding the answers they need about their accident. If you’re in this situation, there are several things you can do:
1) Talk to your physician. One of the first people you will want to speak with after a serious traffic accident in Tamarac or any community is a physician or medical professional. If you have been seriously injured, you’ll probably be rushed directly to the emergency room. Even if you are not sure whether you have sustained an injury, it is important to get a full checkup. This is especially true if you think you may have sustained a head injury or a soft tissue injury, both of which may not present symptoms right away. A physician can help you understand what your injuries are and what your likely recovery will be like.
2) Talk to the police. If the accident was serious, it is likely that local police will become involved. Try to get a copy of the police report, as this will help you understand what the initial investigation has concluded about the accident. Keep in mind, however, that the objective of the police is to determine whether laws were broken. You may not agree with the findings of the police report and the investigation may not be thorough enough to find all possible causes of an accident.
3) Gather information and documentation. If you’ve been in a truck or traffic accident in Tamarac or any Florida community, it is important to keep careful records and documentation about the accident. Exchange contact insurance information with the other driver involved in the accident. Get contact information for any bystanders or witnesses. Take photos of any car damage, injuries, and any other evidence you may have. If you do decide to pursue a legal claim, this information will be invaluable. Even if you do not decide to pursue a legal claim, this information can help you piece together what has caused an accident.
4) Talk to your insurance provider. Your insurance provider should be one of the first people you speak with after your car or truck accident. An insurance provider will help you understand what sort of insurance compensation you can expect. However, keep in mind that the insurance claims adjuster’s primary loyalty is to the insurance company. You may not get the fairest compensation possible if you accept the first offer made to you.
5) Talk to a personal injury attorney in Tamarac or your community. If you’ve been seriously injured in a truck crash in Tamarac or any Florida community, it is important to contact a personal injury attorney. A personal injury attorney in Tamarac or your community works on your behalf, and can usually investigate the accident in a much more thorough manner then the police or the insurance company. In addition, the attorney will represent you and your interests, fighting for justice, answers, and fair compensation on your behalf.
If you’re looking for an experienced truck accident attorney in Tamarac or the South Florida community, contact the Flaxman Law Group today for a free case evaluation.