After a Hollywood truck accident, it is only natural to have questions. One of the most common questions that victims of Hollywood traffic accidents have is “why did this happen?” Searching for answers usually involves working with a Hollywood personal injury attorney, who can hire accident reconstruction experts as well as private investigators and other professionals to determine the cause of an accident. In many cases, a Hollywood truck accident is caused by a few factors:
1) Driver fatigue. Commercial truck drivers must obey certain rules which limit how many hours a truck driver can drive before resting and how much rest a driver must take. However, in many cases these rules are not followed. In some cases, drivers choose to drive further in order to make more money while in other cases drivers are pressured into driving longer hours in order to make delivery deadlines. In some cases, a driver may have a health issue that makes them fall asleep at the wheel. Many studies have shown that driving fatigued can be as dangerous as drunk driving, because response times and focus are impaired in similar ways. When truck drivers fall asleep at the wheel or fail to respond in time, catastrophic Hollywood car accidents are a common result.
2) Distracted driving and driver error. Even when a driver is well-rested, he or she can make mistakes that lead to a tragic accident. Many Hollywood truck accidents, for example, are caused by drivers who decide to tailgate, speed, drive aggressively, or make other errors. In addition, many Hollywood traffic accidents are caused by distracted driving. While commercial truck drivers are not allowed to text and drive, some drivers do fail to follow protocols for avoiding distracted driving.
3) Poor truck maintenance. When truck carriers fail to properly care for trucks, brake failure, tire blowouts, and other mechanical failures are common. Trucks in poor condition may not respond in time to avoid an accident, may suddenly fail, or can otherwise respond in a way that the driver does not expect, making it virtually impossible for the driver to avoid an accident.
4) Load issues. There are weight limits imposed by the Department of Transportation, as well as rules bout securing cargo. However, some companies do overburden their trucks with excessive cargo or fail to property secure cargo. This can cause tire blowouts, rollovers, and other Hollywood truck accidents.
5) Poor hiring practices. Truck carriers should check for drivers with histories of substance abuse, traffic violations, and other problems. When a company hires an unqualified driver, both the company and the driver can be held liable if the driver’s poor driving results in a Hollywood traffic accident.
After a Hollywood truck accident, it is very important to determine the cause of the accident. Determining the cause can help you find all liable parties, and if you have been injured in a truck accident pursuing all liable parties increases your chances of fair compensation. To determine the cause of your accident, it is important to consult with a qualified Hollywood personal injury attorney. Attorneys work with investigative professionals who can help you find the answers you need about your accident.
Charles Flaxman of the Flaxman Law Group formerly worked for the insurance industry and has decades of experience in South Florida personal injury litigation. If you are looking for a Hollywood truck accident attorney, contact the Flaxman Law Group today for a free, confidential consultation.